OC109 Heartsaver® CPR/AED – Online
Heartsaver CPR/AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver CPR/AED blended learning course and is designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR and AED training. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
This course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. After course completion, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
The Skills Check is sold separately. Please call (972-235-8330) to schedule a one-on-one Skills Check.