We have received several complaints regarding instructors not wearing masks during training sessions. Some simple and easy-to-follow guidelines are outlined below. Please read and implement them, if you have not done so already.
All Instructors Should:
- Take the temperature of all participants, vendors, students and employees before they enter the classroom. Temperatures should not be greater than 99.5. These are the guidelines recommended for educators.
- Be sure all participants are wearing a mask.
- Suspend mouth-to-mouth breathing to prevent cross contamination.
- Wear a mask but you can lower it when speaking.
- Maintain a six-foot distance. This is the guideline recommended for speakers.
- Wear a mask when conducting skills sessions or closeup training (running codes).
- Wipe down surfaces before and after training including:
- Other training equipment
- Be sure hand sanitizers are available in all training areas.
- Be sure hand washing facilities are available for use after training and prior to departing.
Students or instructors should not attend the class if they have any of the following symptoms within 24 hours of the class.
- Breathing Difficulties
- Shortness of breath
- Other “flu” like symptoms